State any two precautions which should be observed by people living in seismic zones for protection against earthquakes.
People living in seismic zones should take the following measures for protection against earthquakes:
● The buildings in these zones should be designed so that they can withstand tremors. Modern building technology can make it possible.
● Mud and timber should be used as construction material instead of heavy construction material. The roofs should be kept as light as possible.
● The cupboards and shelves should be fixed to the walls so that they should not fall easily.
● Clocks, photo frames and water heaters etc. should be hanged carefully at proper places to avoid damage by them.
● Sometimes the buildings may catch fire during earthquakes. All the buildings, especially the tall buildings should have the firefighting equipment in working order.