Answer the following questions in about 120 words.
Describe the geographical conditions required for the growth of rice.
Rice is the staple food crop of a major portion of people in India. Our country is the second largest producer of rice in the world after China. It is kharif crop.
the geographical conditions required for it's growth are: -
1. It requires high temperature (above 25 degrees celcius)
2. It requires high humidity with annual rainfall above 100 cm.
3. In the areas of low rainfall, it is cultivated with the help of irrigation.
4. It is grown in the plains of north and north-eastern India, coastal areas and the deltaic regions.
5. Development of dense network of canal irrigation and tube-wells have made it possible to cultivate rice in areas of less rainfall such as Punjab, Haryana, Western Uttar Pradesh and parts of Rajasthan.