What is the difference between multiple cropping and modern farming methods?
Difference between multiple cropping and modern farming methods:
Modern Farming Methods
1. During the year more than one crop are grown on the only one piece of land.
2. Animal excreta is used as manure and fertilizers for better output.
3. Traditional seeds are used.
1. During the year only one kind of crop is grown in bulk.
2. Chemical fertilizers which are prepared in industries are used for better results.
3. HYV seeds are used.
The following table shows the production of wheat and pulses in India after the Green Revolution in units of million tones. Plot this on a graph. Was the Green Revolution equally successful for both the crops? Discuss.
Production of pulses and wheat
Production of Pulses
Production of Wheat