What are the problems of the functioning of the ration shops?
Problems of the functioning of the Ration Shops:
1. Poor quality of items because of some malpractices and incompetency shown at the time of procurement.
2. To get better margin the shop owners divert the subsidized grain to open market which renders the supply highly irregular.
3. Cheating the illiterate customers by measuring less using fraud weights and measures.
4. Three types of ration card distribution also cause some issues.
5. The opening schedule of the ration shops is highly irregular which causes issues.
6. There is very little interest showed by the families above poverty line because they don’t get much discount and the quality too is questionable.