What are the basic elements of the survey method? What is chief advantage of this method?
A survey is an attempt to provide an overview regarding some subject and is based upon the information obtained from chosen representative set of people.
The basic elements of Survey method are –
1. It is applied for studying a large area.
2. It is based upon random sampling and the samples are selected in such a manner that they represent every strata and characteristic of community.
3. Due to the use of random sampling the chances of biasness is avoided.
4. The techniques for used for data collection are interviews and questionnaires
5. The questionnaires can be direct questionnaires or questionnaires sent through respondent as well as the in the interview can be conducted online or on telephone.
The advantages of Survey method are –
1. A wide area can be covered.
2. Chances of being biased are removed.
3. The data is based upon stratified sampling so it can represent the whole community from which data is collected.
4. It involves less time and money.