Listen NCERT Audio Books to boost your productivity and retention power by 2X.
State the safety measures in using electricity.
Electricity is as dangerous as it is useful, in dealing with electricity or electric device one must be very careful. We use electricity in our household and daily life, here are some precautions we should do to prevent any kind of loss:
1. Avoid water at all times when working with electricity. Never touch or try repairing any electrical equipment or circuits with wet hands.
2. Always use appropriate insulated rubber gloves and goggles while working on any branch circuit or any other electrical circuit.
3. Always wear rubber slippers/shoes while handling electricity.
4. Do not touch anything without complete knowledge. This may cause severe damage.
5. Never use any electrical device with broken cords, damaged insulation or broken plugs.
Mr. Sharma used to park his car in the basement of his house. One day in the morning he noticed that his basement is full of knee-deep water and its walls were wet because of the hours-long rain at night. When he entered the basement, he experienced a major shock. His father seeing him from outside, rushed to the main switch and switched it off and thus saved his life.
(a) Why Mr. Sharma experienced the shock?
(b) What precautions should Mr. Sharma take to avoid such incidences in future?
(c) Which qualities were shown by Mr. Sharma’s father?